Much, much to my surprise, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award a few days ago, by the lovely Shanice from City of Creative Dreams! It took me a few days and a lot of thinking to prepare this post as I am so honored, and I certainly did not take it lightly 🙂 So, according to Shanice´s article, the rules are as follows:
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers, and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post for them so that they can learn about the nomination.
Sounds easy? Well, maybe not, really, but it certainly sounds like fun 🙂
Shanice asked the following questions.
1. What made you want to start a blog?
I did start few blogs in the past, but this time I wanted to use it to motivate myself to become more and more creative, to research and get inspired, and to actually finish my projects. I so adore making pretty things, and working on a blog, trying to make one pretty post at a time, ties together nicely.
2. How did you choose your blog name?
Yeah, I went with the flow here, as it seems to be quite common to name your blog “X and Z”. Well, I love berries and bake with them and I love yarn and working with it is my favourite craft. So there you go, something awfully uncreative to start with!
3. What is your favourite post or project that you are most proud of?
4. What is your favourite blog?
Oh THIS is a difficult question to answer! I would say, that at the moment it is Heart Handmade UK, as it is full of great idea and the most dreamy, drool-worthy, pinnable pictures around.
5. What advice would you give yourself as a young child or teenager if you could go back in time?
I would tell my 13-year-old self – Do not ever try swallowing all those pills again. Life has amazing things in store for you, even though it is hard to believe it at the time. Yeah, bleak does not even begin to describe what hopes I had for myself when I was a kid 😦
6. What inspires you to keep blogging?
There is still so much I want to make, bake, try and experience! I know that blogging keeps me motivated to create and creating keeps me motivated to blog.
7. If you could go join a course or go to school for something right now, what would it be?
Photography, certainly, and I am sure I will at some point. I also want to finally write my thesis and get the Doctor of Law degree within next few years!
8. What is your favourite spot in your home? Why?
I have three – kitchen corner in the morning, as the day unfolds, I have my cup of coffee and none of the daily clutter is there yet. Then, the sofa in the living room, mid-morning, when Pip naps and I have some time for myself. Finally, the bed, because I get so little time to spend in there.
9. Who is your favourite celebrity? Why?
Strangely, I am really not able to answer this one. I don´t follow celebrities, really, and I certainly could not pick one and answer why!
10. What is your favourite song right now on the radio?
As with number 9, I cannot answer. I love listening to radio plays and readings though.
11. What are your favourite kinds of blogs?
Oh that is simple: the creative ones! All of them 🙂 All the fibre arts, DIY, renovation, paper crafts, baking, and surprisingly enough, homeschooling.
Now for my nominations. I went through my Bloglovin´list and I picked my favourite ones who have less than 200 Bloglovin´ followers. In no particular order, I nominate:
- Daydreaming Out Loud
- Crafty Effie
- Little Monkeys Crochet
- Crafty Rie
- Baking Outside the Box
- Joyjinks Creations
- It´s a Ginger Snap
- Got 2 Focus
- Now I´m Home
- Moonbeams & Fireflies
- Zana´s Homemade
And now for the questions, right? 🙂 Hmmm, let me think… How about these?
- What got you into blogging?
- What is it that you enjoy the most about the blogging experience?
- And is there anything about blogging you find annoying or irritating?
- How do you find new blogs to follow?
- What inspires you?
- Do you prefer paper diaries, calendars, planners, stationery, etc, or do you rather go digital?
- What´s the best book you have read this year?
- Given unlimited time and resources, what is your dream project?
- On the other hand, what sort of a quick project do you go to for instant gratification?
- What was your favourite boy band in the 90s? Don´t tell me you did not have one 🙂
- If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be and why?
There, I am actually really curious about the answers 🙂
So, thank you again, Shanice, for inviting me for this funny experience, and I hope my nominees will find it fun too!