I don´t think I have words to describe how much I love the knit so far! I mean, it is fun to make, pleasure to look at and it is growing like crazy! I mean, look at it! 🙂 Yesterday morning, I was just under the bust darts.
I am a bit further today, but will take more pictures when I am at the waist level. However, it is progressing smoothly so far. A little snug, but that is more than OK, as all my cotton knits always stretch a bit. I don´t know whether it is the material or my knitting and it´s tension, however, I tend to go for negative ease in the making. You can find details on my Ravelry project page.
The KAL forum on Ravelry is really busy and fun. All the talented knitters, all the lovely sweaters and cardigans, so many patterns, yarns and so much progress! Everybody is super helpful and I cannot recommend participating strongly enough 🙂
Anyhoo, back to the knit for a moment. I also have a detail of the yoke.
I am soooo in love with the colours, I decided to use the tiny remnants of the pinks and red for this:
It is the oh-so-pretty Rosie Posie Granny Square by Sandra from Cherry Heart, who provided us with the great tutorial over here. Depending on how many squares I can get out of this, it might turn into a bag. Stay tuned for more 🙂
Now if you excuse me, I have some knitting to do 😉
As I promised, here is a finished object with the Dainty Daisy blocks from last week. It is by far the girliest thing I have ever made 🙂
Remember that tiny crochet block I came up with the other day? Well, here is a sort of pattern/tutorial thing, if you want to have a go (in which case, do whatever you see fit with it, just somehow refer back to me, thanks! 🙂 ) All the pics will open bigger in a new tab, if clicked on.
Ha, I believe you have forgotten all about Mitered and Chequered, haven´t you? 🙂
Well, it was not exactly on top of the project pile, however, it got finished, washed and folded. I am very pleased with how it turned out, even though next time I decide to make a blanket, it certainly will not be from a fairly thin cotton yarn 🙂 Continue reading
Just a quick snippet about this pretty block I came up with today!
I am probably totally reinventing the wheel, but I fell in love with this colour combination and could not find any 8-petal flowers that would meet what I had in mind. I don´t know yet what will become of it, as I only have a tiny amount of the blue, but something pretty I am sure 🙂 At some point I will post the pattern, maybe someone would like to use it too!
I managed to use up all the 400 g of the white cotton I had for this. I did find some replacement white in my stash, but quite frankly, I was getting a bit bored with the squares. However, I wanted to add a bit of size to the blanket still, so I decided to make a granny row edging. I have enough of the coloured yarns to make two rows of each colour. So far the yellow is done:
And this is the blanket so far:
I do really like it. I cannot wait to finish it, but there are still few more rounds to be added, some serious blocking to be done and some lining to be attached!
The blanket is progressing very well, if I may say so… When you fold it, it actually almost looks like a blanket already 🙂