Ha, I believe you have forgotten all about Mitered and Chequered, haven´t you? 🙂
Well, it was not exactly on top of the project pile, however, it got finished, washed and folded. I am very pleased with how it turned out, even though next time I decide to make a blanket, it certainly will not be from a fairly thin cotton yarn 🙂 Continue reading
I managed to use up all the 400 g of the white cotton I had for this. I did find some replacement white in my stash, but quite frankly, I was getting a bit bored with the squares. However, I wanted to add a bit of size to the blanket still, so I decided to make a granny row edging. I have enough of the coloured yarns to make two rows of each colour. So far the yellow is done:
And this is the blanket so far:
I do really like it. I cannot wait to finish it, but there are still few more rounds to be added, some serious blocking to be done and some lining to be attached!
The blanket is progressing very well, if I may say so… When you fold it, it actually almost looks like a blanket already 🙂
Right then, now then, the first project to bust my stash is a blanket. It is one of the few things I actually bought yarn specifically for. I started it few days ago and already piled a little pile of lovely granny squares.